Antworten
Baumstamm
Blau Gurt Träger
Blau Gurt Träger
Bundesland: Bayern

Schnitt im Revers

Beitrag von Baumstamm »

Servus Leute
gibt es eine Möglichkeit, einen Schnitt im Judoanzugrevers zu kleben? Mit eine Nähmaschine ist es wohl nicht möglich.
Oder ist es überhaupt erlaubt, das Revers zu ändern. (Nähtechnisch?) :dontknow
Ein Baumstamm wird nicht gefällt, indem Mann dagegen läuft, dazu braucht Mann Kuzushi, Tsukuri, Kake, oder notfalls eine Axt.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger
Re: Schnitt im Revers

Beitrag von Cichorei Kano »

Baumstamm hat geschrieben:
13.03.2019, 14:59
Servus Leute
gibt es eine Möglichkeit, einen Schnitt im Judoanzugrevers zu kleben? Mit eine Nähmaschine ist es wohl nicht möglich.
Oder ist es überhaupt erlaubt, das Revers zu ändern. (Nähtechnisch?) :dontknow

I would disagree. It is possible to repair the collar and lapels of a jûdôgi using an ordinary sewing machine, but it is not easy, and certain guidelines need to be followed. I've done so many times myself in my younger days when like most people I still wore Western-made and light- or medium-weight jûdôgi. When they manufacture jûdôgi they used sewing machines too, but those obviously are industrial heavy-duty sewing machines handled by people experienced in sewing this kind of fabric.

When you try to sew a jûdôgi collar using an ordinary sewing machine like people buy in a retail shop, you are obviously not using the correct tools, but at the same time you are using the only tools you would reasonably have access to, unless you own a shoe repair shop with such a heavy duty machine that can sew leather for shoes or women's handbags.

So what precautions do you need to take ?

Firstly, you should never try to sew this at the same speed you sew the ordinary fabric. If you try that, you will run into problems because the thickness of the fabric, the speed of the needle moving up and down, and the fabric moving under the needle are not optimally synchronized. This leads to increased sideways forces on the needle, which in response will not in a straight vertical line through the fabric, but is bent. Because of that very soon the point of the needle will not go into the opening intended for it, but will instead hit the metal on which the fabric is resting. If that happens, and if you lucky, the needle will just end up being bent; if you, are not so, lucky, the needle will break and the point will fly in an unpredictable direction and angle.

You should not underestimate this. I once nearly lost an eye doing this, because the point broke off and hit me in the face just 0.8 cm under my eye. I was VERY lucky, and am grateful to this day for this warning. So, by all means if you work on lapels of jûdôgi using a sewing machine, you MUST wear safety goggles or at least a tight fitting pair of glasses or sunglasses.

The way to repair such problems is to exert with the foot minimal pressure on the controlling pedal of the sewing maching, while steering the wheel with your hand. At times you may need to move the wheel entirely manually. In this way, the needle moves slowly, although it will still bend at times. When it does that, you will feel that, and you can simply turn the wheel back to pull the needle upwards again. You then move the fabric slightly and try again. Eventually, when you have done a whole bunch of stitches, the fabric will become more flattened. When that does, you can stitch over those stitches in a more smooth way pushing the pedal with your foot. Speed should still be slow but smoothly and continuously.

Depending on the extent of the damage or the tear, you will need to sew an additional piece or patch of cotton over the old one. In fact, you may need to do so over a long lengthy of the collar, or it might soon tear again just a couple of centimeters further. To do so, you need to find the right fabric. You can't just take an ordinary white cotton sheet, the kind of sheet that people sleep in since nobody today sleeps in unprocessed cotton. So you need to go find that in a shop, and obviously that is no longer easy to find today.

That's how you repair the collar or lapel of a jûdôgi, and no, you do not "glue". Trying to use glue makes little sense. If you do this, you will likely hand up with a very hard-feeling patch, and the glue is likely to deteriorated soon under the influence of washing power, detergent and water when you put it in the washing machine.

I would say that, if done well, you can give your jûdô an extra life duration of 2 years or even more. That being said, you should consider whether it's worth the work. Unless you are having considerable financial problems making a living or are sentimentally attached to your jûdôgi, it's probably easier to buy a new gi. Let's be honest, there are several Western, Korean and Taiwanese jûdôgi manufacturers out there who have a number of jûdôgi in there range that are affordable for most people.When you're jûdôgi is at the point that the collar is starting to really tear, that is a sign on the wall, it's lifetime is nearing its end and it will likely start tearing elsewhere soon in less strong places. You don't want to end up spending hours sewing after every training session. I know what it is, since I used to do so myself. So, unless you are a situation where you worry every day if you are going to get food on your plate that day, I would suggest you start looking out for buying a new jûdôgi.

Good luck !
Baumstamm
Blau Gurt Träger
Blau Gurt Träger
Bundesland: Bayern

Re: Schnitt im Revers

Beitrag von Baumstamm »

Danke für die Antwort.
Ich dachte mir schon, dass es ein schwieriges Unterfangen sein wird. Naja, dann wird aus diesem Anzug vielleicht ein Trainingsgerät. Zum Wegschmeißen ist er mir noch zu schade.
Oder ich finde einen Sattler mit passender Nähmaschine.
Ein Baumstamm wird nicht gefällt, indem Mann dagegen läuft, dazu braucht Mann Kuzushi, Tsukuri, Kake, oder notfalls eine Axt.
Antworten