Kappō

Hier könnt ihr alles posten was mit Judo zu tun hat

Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger
Re: Kappō

Beitrag von Cichorei Kano »

Jupp hat geschrieben:
Ich kann (auch aus eigener Erfahrung) die Aussagen von Chichorei Kano gut verstehen

Jupp
Thank you.
Zuletzt geändert von Cichorei Kano am 23.03.2017, 20:14, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger

Asterix hat geschrieben:
Jupp hat geschrieben:Zitat: Im 21. Jahrhundert kann man für wenige Euro im Jahr eine eigene Website bekommen, mit einem Content Management System, welches sich wie ein Textverarbeitungsprogramm bedienen lässt. Wenn man die vielen gesammelten Erkenntnisse teilen möchte, so sollte dies heutzutage doch kein Problem sein. Es muss nicht unbedingt gleich ein Buch sein.
CK geht es hier um das kostenpflichtige Teilen hochwertiger Informationen. Warum auch nicht?

Das Problem ist doch, dass viele erwarten, hochwertige Leistungen zum Spottpreis zu bekommen. Leider zielt der Vorschlag eine Webseite für wenige Euro zu erstellen in die gleiche Richtung. Klar ist ein CMS schnell installiert. Wenn ich allerdings Anforderungen, wie z.B. bezahlpflichtige Inhalte, etc. lese und den Folgeaufwand betrachte, dann ist der Betrieb einer solchen Seite nicht für 7 € im Monat zu machen. Alleine die Erstellung eines sicheren Systems durch jemanden, der sich auskennt, liegt ganz schnell im vierstelligen Bereich (wenn das mal reicht). Auch der Webseitenersteller wird sein teuer erworbenes Know-How nur dann kostenfrei teilen, wenn sein Interesse am Thema ziemlich hoch ist. ;)

Ich selbst hab mich ein paar mal in solchen Sachen engagiert. Die Erwartungshaltung der Nutzer steigt ständig, der Dank ist maximal ein feuchter Händedruck. Der Verdienst hingegen bleibt bei Null. Daher kann ich CK durchaus verstehen.
Indeed so. Thank you.
Zuletzt geändert von Cichorei Kano am 23.03.2017, 20:40, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Asterix
Blau Gurt Träger
Blau Gurt Träger

Beitrag von Asterix »

CK, you have misunderstood me completely! I agree with you for more than 100% !

Edit: Bemerkung ist hinfällig, Missverständnisse wurden geklärt. :)
Zuletzt geändert von Asterix am 23.03.2017, 18:04, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger

HBt. hat geschrieben: Lieber "CK",
ich verstehe sehr gut das Dilemma. Man muss Dir gegenüber auch ehrlich sein, eine deutschsprachige Veröffentlichung wird keinen Markt finden ...
There are solutions for this. The idea is to firstly publish in English, and if successful afterwards in Japanese, French, and perhaps German. It is the first publishing project in the primary language that is the most challenging to realize, the other versions are merely translation work.

I have also for smaller projects experimented with bilingual versions, and some can be extended to trilingual or quadrilinugual versions. This works, for example, for a technical book that focuses on a single kata. It can be done for other books too; there is a precedent by David Matsumoto who has published books that contained on one page the English and on the other page the Japanese version. One problem is that when a project becomes very expensive the costs of a bilingual version become very high with the buyer essentially paying half of the price for a version he cannot read. If you have a 100 page book in paperback with 50 pages in English and 50 pages in German, OK that will work, and you probably pay €5-€8 euros redundancy. However, if you have a book that is 1,200 pages in English and print that in a bilingual version, the size jumps up to 2,400 pages, meaning that people will be paying for 1,200 pages in a language they can't understand, and those 1,200 pages may then well translate in having to pay €80-€100 redundancy, which simply does not work. Another thing to consider is that most popular jûdô authors aim for individual jûdôka as buyers, however, my aim is mostly librairies, similar to what is the aim of many scientific reference texts. For that category of books having a cost price of €130 or more is not such a concern.

I note that the new IJF book that was published last year, but that cannot be bought, and that was handed out to athletes for free, was trilingual English/French/Spanish. However, this was largely a photo book. This book is a rare example of something that was entirely paid for by a jûdô federation, in this case the IJF.

http://www.justeciel.com/judo-for-the-world.html

This concept does not work for me since the IJF and the Kôdôkan only sponsor projects that are self-glorifying and have never published anything that is objectively critical. They are simply not ready for that. Neither is an academic institution, and they do not start from the concept of critical discourse, but from the concept of self-glorification and marketing.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger

Asterix hat geschrieben:CK, you have misunderstood me completely! ;) I agree with you for more than 100% !
I am sorry. I reread your message again. You are correct. I appreciate your support and explanation.
guk
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger
Bundesland: Niedersachsen

Beitrag von guk »

...gelöscht, Grund weiter unten.
Zuletzt geändert von guk am 23.03.2017, 20:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Cichorei Kano
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger

guk hat geschrieben:Ich verstehe nicht so ganz, wieso ich hier so angegriffen werde. Ich habe lediglich eine Möglichkeit genannt, wie man das schwer zu realisierende Buchprojekt ersetzen kann. Die provozierenden Fragen sind überflüssig und passen nicht zu den sonst sehr fundierten Aussagen von CK.
Thank you for your response. It was not my intention to attack you personally for your suggestions, nor to hijack this thread about Kappô. I have deleted these parts from my post that came across as showing insufficient sensitivity to your suggestions. There is always a danger when writing passionately about a topic and in a language that is not one's own to misinterpret a certain nuance. Usually I write my responses to discussions here for myself but refrain from actually posting them. Perhaps that is what I should have done this time too. Nevertheless, the core of my response (which is not attacking you, but to highlight the major difficulties) remains the same. Just to clarify, no jûdô is not my "hobby" and jûdô research and teaching are part of my professional duties.
Zuletzt geändert von Cichorei Kano am 23.03.2017, 20:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
guk
Braun Gurt Träger
Braun Gurt Träger
Bundesland: Niedersachsen

Beitrag von guk »

I also deleted my post above after your response. Thank you.
My intention was just to show another way of sharing knowledge.
Antworten